Itxaropena IkastolaSustainable Development Goals 2030
On 25th September 2015, the United Nations General Assembly unanimously approved the Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development. This is a universal, comprehensive and transformative plan of action which aims to promote human development in the social, economic and environmental fields. The 17 Sustainable Development Goals, 169 targets and 232 indicators are integrated and indivisible and cover all dimensions of sustainability.
The Basque Country takes up the challenge established in the Agenda 2030, consolidating the Basque Country Agenda 2030. This reflects the degree of alignment and contribution between the government programme and the objectives related to sustainable development.
Likewise, with the aim of achieving a fairer and more sustainable Basque society, the Education for Sustainability Strategy 2030 establishes the foundations for the development of transformative education. The aim of this strategy is cooperation. It will allow all the agents to interact with the aim of achieving complicity between all the people living in the Basque Autonomous Community in order to achieve the transition of our lives to a new culture.
In turn, Article 4 of the Heziberri 2020 Plan, entitled Basic Education Objectives, in its section c establishes that the training of students for adult life and for a full life as an individual, committed to the development of harmonious coexistence and the construction of a more just and equitable society committed to the conservation of nature and sustainable development.
Based on the Basque Country Agenda 2030, the Environmental Education project School Agenda 2030 (EA2030) is based on the Sustainable Development Objectives (SDA) and promotes actions that transform schools and local areas.
The 17 goals are:
- To eradicate all forms of poverty throughout the world.
- To end hunger, improve food security and nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture.
- Ensure a healthy lifestyle for all people of all ages and promote well-being.
- Ensure quality, inclusive and equitable education for all and promote opportunities for lifelong learning
- Achieving gender equality and empowering all women and girls.
- Ensure the availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all.
- Ensure affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all.
- Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth for all, secure and productive employment and decent work.
- Build resilient infrastructure, foster inclusive and sustainable industrialization and encourage innovation.
- Reduce inequalities within and between countries.
- Making cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable.
- Ensuring sustainable consumption and production patterns.
- Take urgent action to combat climate change and its consequences (bearing in mind that the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change is the main intergovernmental and international forum for global response to climate change).
- Maintenance and sustainable use of oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development.
- Protecting, restoring and promoting the sustainable use of land life, sustainably managing forests, combating desertification, reversing land degradation and halting the loss of biodiversity
- Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective and inclusive institutions at all levels.
- Strengthen implementation resources and revitalise the Global Compact for Sustainable Development.